Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Jingle Jangle

     
     I have a confession to make. I like to jingle. Some times more than others. I have been wearing bracelets since I took my mother's 2 gold ones at the age of 16. She wore them often when I was in search of magic, so I borrowed hers forever. Now I wear up to 17 on any given hour, and rarely less than 5. Lots of numbers being thrown about I know, but that's another of my favorite subjects for a different day. In the Summer I decorate myself with anklets to enhance my*Jingle Jangle, Here I Am* Cadence. For the last sweltering months I added tiny silver bells to brighten up my song. I frequently find myself listening to the rhythmic notes of my own arrival. It's really quite calming. You would think from the sound of things I like to announce my presence in style, and this is true, but not the real reason behind my musical ways. Perhaps you believe I am trying to hypnotize you into some sort of hazy daze, to lure you to follow my every bidding. Maybe you think I want you to remember me with more than just your eyes and how I make you feel. To elicit a smile only because you first hear the tell tale dingle of my return. I bet you wonder if it's where I keep my super powers, to inspire and delight you long before I even open my mouth to speak. It would be marvelously wonderful if all of this were true, and not just the secondary results from something else quite serious. The reality is, gravity affects me differently on earth. And unless I wear my rings of steel, I may forget to be here in the now, and instead find myself drifting back up to the moon and stars from where I once began.
 In Holy Mindfulness.
Jingle Jangle Dingle
 I am.
~Raven