Sunday, March 11, 2012

Morning has broken...


Morning Has Broken

"Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden."  
I walk outside barefoot, my feet quickly become dirty from dampened earth. The ground rocky and uneven, I shiver in cool morning air.  I look out over the calm expanse of our lake, amazed at its Beauty. The sky above still awakening from night, my eyes take in my surroundings.  My yard isn't perfect, with an ever growing list of responsibilities and two large dogs, I can only do so much.  The fence needs repairs, bare patches and debris scattered throughout. With a critical gaze I note the many chores ahead.  Shifting my attention I return to the serenity of the lake, dismissing the rest as unimportant.  I focus on a deeper truth.  Underneath the cool surface is a mysterious world teeming with life.  Turtles, frogs, fish, beavers and muskrats to name a few.  Above, ducks, swans, geese, ospreys and eagles make their home outside ours.  I am thankful to share in this magical circle.  Breathing in I release ties binding me to a world of stress, and inhale the sacred gift of a new morning.  I set aside troubled concerns.  Believing a bigger picture is there for view, if only I could see past shadows, beneath sunlit waters.  
Caught up in daily decisions, I forget.  So many challenges wrapped up in different packages have I faced.  Each time coming to know underneath exterior issues lies an outcome rich in beauty, not always seen through murky depths.  
Blessings swim to the surface of my consciousness, soon to make themselves
known by ever expanding ripples.
My life is so much more than I realize.  All is well.  
A beaver slaps his tail, warning me of the awakening world all around.  My dogs bark, begging to be let outside, wanting to share in my happiness.  
Their voices lifted in song, I smile.  
In the clamorous chaos I embrace the newness of my day.
~Raven

"Praise with Elation, Praise every morning"
...Cat Stevens...