Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fly High Free Bird

How many different lives can I experience in this lifetime?
     I grew up in California, and stayed there until my 20's.   Living as a roller skating beach babe was a lot of fun.   The nights were the best.  After a beautiful day in the sunshine, we would wander the sandy ways, bonfires, partying, listening to music, being free mostly.  I loved it all, totally thriving in my element.  However not everything was good, in fact part of the reason I came to New England was to escape unhealthy emotional ties.   My whole life's quest has been to find inner peace.  Living this way, was no longer bringing me serenity, I needed change.  Knowing it was beyond my capabilities to make any where I was, I flew east.   I planned on staying 6 months, a whole life time ago.
     Married, divorced, 3 wonderful children later.  I have a small home of my own.  Living on a lake gives me enough open space where I don't feel trapped, something I value greatly.  My family 3000 miles away, its just myself and the kids.  With no beach around for miles,  I now find solace a midst the trees and rivers.  No longer flying down the boardwalk navigating tourists or wandering with other wild ones, I live at a significantly quieter pace.  My life is all about survival and finding my passions.  I need the balance of both to stay connected, to be at peace.  Some may call this growing up, a natural progression.  
     A lot of this unplanned.  I never had a blueprint for where I was to go.  Pretty much winging it all the way is my choice of travel.   Following my inner instincts and feelings have lead me from one lifetime into another.  Perhaps its in the unknowing where I find my biggest worries and my greatest happiness.  Though I continue to reach for certain goals, mostly I am flying by the seat of my pants.  Living by my own initiative and perceptions has taken me all over the place.  Sometimes I liken myself to a hang glider pilot.  Only by throwing myself off a cliff into thin air, can I find the lift in the turbulence I need to soar.  Frightening sometimes, since I am afraid of heights.  The visibility up here isn't always good, often cloudy, foggy and dark, I have to rely on my other senses to see where I am going.  Most of the time though, its a lot of fun, sort of how I felt back in the days of skating on the boardwalk.  Feeling beautiful and alive, my headphones on, smiling into the sunshine with not a care in the world.   
     Life is a wonderful journey, whether you are walking, skating or flying.  Being at peace, soaring high and free is where I find my joy.  I may not always know where I am going, but my heart has been here before and I trust where I will land.   I think I may have misjudged this journey of mine by breaking it into segments.  Perhaps there is no difference to where I was before or find myself now, comparing outcomes is all subjective.  My way of travel brings me to where I like to be, surrounded by water, the beauty of nature, connected to my loved ones, both near and far.
Freedom to fly as often as I want,  
I like where I am.
A lifetime ago, I was making the same choices.  
The convictions of my inner spirit have always led me to follow the ways of the wind. 
Thank you my friends and loved ones for sharing in my days, 
now please excuse me while I stretch my wings. 
I feel an ocean breeze coming my way~
May you Journey in Beauty
and Peace,
Raven