Saturday, November 23, 2013

Diamonds

The beauty of a woman is unique and completely her own, a combination of soul and grace. The way we perceive ourselves outwardly will inwardly affect how we chart our course. How we think, creates our world. To judge my own appearance, to critique my inner self, to regret my decisions, creates a pain in my heart that is hard not to see when I look in the mirror. Acceptance starts within, no matter how I look, or where my steps have led. 
My life's journey has been in learning to love myself, so I may learn to love others. In the process of experience, from the time we are born until now, it's more than likely we shall forget the beauty of our wholeness. This of course is true for males, but I speak from a female point of view, since it is my specialty;) 
I once heard the saying, "Women should live as if they have diamonds between their legs." I have to smile in agreement. Certainly the stakes would be much higher when it came to romantic choices if we valued our worth to such a degree. We give ourselves away easily depending on self love, and for this we are treated accordingly. We compromise our joy, simply because it's kinder than being alone, or have specific agendas we hope to follow. Security, family, society or religion, obligations, expectations...all can play a role in intimate decisions. I am not claiming either right or wrong, I have my own history, and none of it followed a straight line. I am at a different stage in my life. I am a chameleon, neither young nor old. My eyes look upon the world, all is well, it's only in the measuring where I feel the loss. Compare me to the woman I was a mere decade ago, and you will see the contrast in my appearance. Younger, softer. Compare me in a decade with the woman I will become, and you will see the same. Here between both worlds I am perfect. I am a woman of great value, because I believe it so. Not because of what you feel, or how you see me. I think myself sexy, therefore I am. I smile into the mirror...my eyes have a few lines, I have changed profoundly in other ways, but that's okay. I am beautiful in my sadness, I am beautiful in my joy. Lifting my bracelet covered arms to the fullness of the moon, I tilt my head back. My long hair brushes my naked skin. I sway sensually to a rhythm only I hear. The pulsing in my veins reflects the heat of my deepest wants. My whole being is a treasure. To believe otherwise would be to deny each and every step which brought me to this place under the sky.
I accept, I forgive and I love. Inside and out, 
I am a precious jewel.
In Peace,
~Raven