Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In My Monastery

     I need to relax more, I tell myself this all the time. Hang loose, take it easy, chill out....calm down. As a Californian, I am familiar with all the expressions. How does one maintain peaceful serenity in the midst of an emotional world. Good health begins in the mind. I know it would positively influence every living cell in my body.
 To be grounded, to be balanced.
I want it now.
I wish to join a faraway monastery somewhere deep in the mountains of the Himalayas, where I could happily thrive in utmost tranquility. Perhaps after years of contemplation, staring into shimmering sparkles of sunlight touching the clouds of my inner sky, I would be the zen master of my soul.
My ultimate goal is to be so free. Quietly relaxed, having no worries or uncertainty. Trusting ALL is as it should be. Through the years I have tried different ways to get to this place of Nirvana. Without being specific, some methods require a partner or a bottle, while others may not be totally legal (objectively speaking of course). I don't necessarily need to be in a trance, but that can be fun too depending on my choice of travel.
What I desire most is the ability to get there by myself...no help or outside influences, nothing but my incredible super power to remain still and untroubled....
Wherever life takes me. 
    My entire existence has been in search of this Holy Grail, from early childhood until today. I was hoping to have perfected my skills by now. As a writer and teacher of healthy emotional living, it's no surprise I struggle with this issue. Why else would I find it so important.
"Confusion has it's costs."
    There have been many times I entered this place of ancient trust. It's a sweet feeling to dwell in restful sanctuary. Often I arrive by sheer will, which tends to cancel out some of the resulting benefits. Other times I find myself magically seated within halls of serenity. Without having to expend any energy at all, I am.
     My children ask what power I would choose if I were to suddenly find myself a superhero.  Although I would love to fly, or shape shift into any animal, if I could have the gift of absolute quietude, this would be my choice. What's the use of being able to transform into an anxious timber wolf, or a sexy stressed out flying woman in a cape. Having the might to remain collected in the face of heartache, zero checking account, or big issues, like charging Rhino
men from outer space, would be a great shield in times of trouble.  
   Every day I am faced with the decision to accept or fight. Counting blessings, smiling in my heart, being in the now, these are my super powers. I have more strength to create beauty in my world than I realize. We all do.
I am trying to better myself as a woman of enlightenment. For my own sanity and for the sake of humanity, it needs to happen soon. Being a protector is really needed here on Mother Earth. Given the opportunity I would be a Zen Superhero Wolf Woman, able to leap tall buildings with a single bound, spreading calm and serenity wherever I go.
....Possibly even convincing the Rhino men its time to join their own monastery.
~In Almost Peace,
Raven