Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Land of Dreams

     I like dreaming.  I have always been a lucid, colorful dreamer.  Visions of my inner soul dancing to the sounds of my true desires, moving to the music of my subconscious mind, mysteriously confusing and sometimes quickly gone.   Hidden in the sometimes craziness of my sleeping moments are nuggets of treasures and wisdom I try to hold on to when I awaken.  Somewhere in between fast running tortoises, and walking down familiar streets from years long past, is a message I try to hear, to understand what is being shown to me.  What may be important are the scenes in between the craziness, the words softly spoken from my inner self to my outside self, whispered to me by friendly spirits, ancient beings or traveling friends.
    Always I try to listen.  I see myself flying in the night sky, feel the wind in my hair, the world beneath me as I swiftly soar through a cityscape, brightly lit from below, over mountains and forests covered in moonlight.  My heart free and happy.  A lesson to be learned, a moment of joy to be had, either way I have been blessed.
     Sometimes the darkness follows me, either I fail to get away, bound by the limits of my dream trapped body and mind, or freed by magical strength and power, allowing me to overcome the chains I sometimes feel holding me back in the land of wakefulness.
   Dreaming is a moving force, unique to every individual, a connection to the deeper profound mystery from which we are born.  Pay attention, Listen, Feel, Touch the essence of all that Is.   Remember the secrets, ask for answers unclear in the light of reality, allow yourself to dance amongst the sacred.  To dream is to live outside of what we think we know, exploring what lies beneath the familiar streets of our soul.
Walking in the land of my Visions reminds me I am so much more then my physical self,
 taking me through my journeys by day, traveling with me as I fly by night,
streaming high through the starlit sky,
 gliding gracefully, effortlessly
 on my Raven wings.