Friday, March 18, 2011

Challenge to Action

Our earth is in dire circumstances, and has been for a long time.  Though this may surprise you I am not unaware of the despair and hopelessness affecting our world.  The most recent earthquake in Japan, and the serious ramifications of this natural and man-made disaster is both heart breaking and scary.   Hard for some to imagine any good coming from this.  I see, and hear the Universal sorrow and fear.  In my home, I know my children have their own worries of black holes, polluted waters, and mass extinction.  Nobody is immune to what is happening.  
  We all have choices to how we process reality, based on our Spiritual beliefs or lack of them, our general focus of doom, redemption, and disdain alongside those of rainbows, miracles and hope.  Many falling in between.  I am not placing any judgement or criticism to how people may think or feel.   We have our own journeys and histories.   My way of seeing the world is personal, (although not very private), we are all unique.  What I would like to share with everybody is a Challenge to Act.  Think of the many stories we have heard in our lifetime alone where,
 'One person makes a monumental difference for the good of mankind,' 
  Imagine the millions of untold stories quietly going on everyday, positively affecting our world.  What would happen if we each chose to do something, anything.... to make a small change.  From picking up litter, reducing our use of electricity,  planting a garden without pesticides or fertilizers, buying from local farmers, recycling, carpooling, hanging our clothes to dry, or even showering with a friend :) will all make a positive impact to the health of our earth.  Here is a link I quickly found, however feel free to do your own research for more ideas.  http://www.50waystohelp.com/  
There are many who live a life of complaining and pointing fingers, blaming everybody for the state of our world, when the reality is we are all guilty of wasting and abusing our natural resources, sometimes daily.  Taking responsibility for our own actions is always a move in the right direction.  I understand by looking at the huge problems we are faced with, these things may seem small in comparison, but its better than doing nothing.  
For me, "Walking in Beauty," means being grateful for the multitude of miracles is my my Life.  I believe our time here is Sacred and not to be taken for granted.   Being aware of my Blessings, and focusing on the Beauty of our every moment, is what motivates me to dream of a better future for our children.   Thoughts of Prayers and Hope are more powerful I believe, than we could ever know.  Whatever it is we are each able to summon up from our reservoirs of humanity, now is the time to put it into practice.  There are some organizations and leaders trying to make positive changes, find something to believe in and act.  Being knowledgeable about what is happening in your community and town is another way you might be able to help.  Sometimes voting does make a difference for the good. 
 I certainly am not negating the harshness of facts. 
I am merely saying there is also a Balance of Beauty.  
Joyful and Healing Possibilities are definitely within my realm of Belief, 
maybe you can make a little room in your Heart for them also.
Wishing Everybody Prayers for a Healthy Earth,
Walk in Beauty my Friends
~Raven~