Monday, September 20, 2010

Happiness is Timeless

     "Life is Brief and very Fragile, do that which makes you Happy,"
This has always been one of my favorite sayings. Who said it I'm not sure, but I have certainly adopted it as a motto to live by.  I liked it so much when I was in my 20's I made a poster centered around just this sentiment.  Its hanging in a visible place in my home so I can gaze daily upon its wisdom.  Here I am over twenty years later, wondering if perhaps these words have led me astray.  Being happy is something we all want.  To make a decision based upon the fact our very existence is completely vulnerable and may be extinguished long before ready, might not be in our best interest.  Sure this belief works well for those unique moments in life when an instant decision is necessary.  However being a little older and quite a bit wiser, I now think differently. What might seem like the road to happiness may not be what we think it is, and surprisingly some roads end up much happier then what we may have initially thought.  Most importantly there is a core of strength built on Faith, Trust and Love running through the fabric of our lives, providing us with something deeper then concerns of ourselves as being vulnerable and fragile.  I have grown to believe time itself is endless and eternal, a complete circle expanding beyond our imaginations.  With this new  awareness and understanding, I think I will add these words to my poster,
      "Life is Endless and Enduring, Trust in Beauty and you will be Happy."
In Peace
~Raven