Monday, January 3, 2011

Power of Healing

     This weekend at a New Year's Celebration Powwow, I was inspired by an encounter with two Healers. One female, the other male, each of a different focus, both with similar intent. In the small amount of time I was able to spend with them I learned a great deal, and many of my existing concepts were reinforced.  
I believe we all have the power to heal. Whether we recognize this ability, is a personal choice. For some it seems a natural gift, a calling, for others it appears to be just outside of normal reach. As human beings one of the first things we do when someone becomes hurt, is to place our hands in a comforting position, hopefully transferring through touch some much needed calm. Acting from our spiritual intuition, we understand this to an important step towards making someone feel better.  
Healing comes in many forms. Laying of hands, energy work, prayer, modern medicine, foods, herbal remedy, acupuncture and other practices depending on culture or spiritual beliefs. Having good intentions, and an openness to connect to the Universal Life force is essential. Spending time in nature, breathing in living Beauty, can be a powerful remedy. I think we would be surprised at how many times our body heals unknowing, made whole, without ever having been aware that anything was amiss.
     We experience healing on every level, Physical, Spiritual and Emotional, all three tightly intertwined. What we choose to believe, forgiveness, the quality of food, physical exercise, all combine to influence our state of health. Our body is born with the miraculous capacity to repair and renew. This amazing talent occurs in every cell, minute by minute, at an intricate level too complex to comprehend. We truly are Sacred beings.
Being healthy is more than just feeling right in our body. It's knowing there is a direct stream of Love between our selves and the Creator of the Universe.  
      Any reminder of who I am as a Spiritual being transports me to a place of peace I often forget about in my everyday world, making it easier to embrace the idea of perfect health. Laughter, Music, and the Goodness of Love, both from fellow human beings and animal companions, all serve as a gentle nudge towards the path of acceptance.  
     Since I was young, my dream was to be a Healer. Recently discovering, I am one already.  Manifesting through words, the path of my choices, or the hugs I give to loved ones, hopefully making a positive difference near and far. I know I am blessed by the good deeds, thoughts and prayers of those around me. All these things contribute to my well-being, and I am thankful for my Beautiful Connections.   
This year, I commit to expand my knowledge and search within to understand more about this hidden treasure I feel rising to the surface of my soul. My heart and eyes are open, I am paying attention. For this moment in time, I am eternally grateful to awaken to the awe inspiring gift I have come to realize has been mine... 
and yours... all along.
May we use it Wisely and Often.
In Peace, 
Raven