Saturday, October 2, 2010

Look Straight Ahead There's Nothing but 'Blue Skies

     I was reminded of this Jimmy Cliff song early this morning, and now I can't stop singing it.  I have this desire to run outside my door, throw my arms up into the air and with my imaginary band start singing loudly and beautifully for the whole world to hear.
"I can see clearly now the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way,  here is the rainbow I've been praying for......Its gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day!"
Of course the reality of this dream would be somewhat less then this joyful vision since singing is not really one of my gifts, and my band is still sleeping... but you get my drift.
  Music is such a powerful force and universally appealing in its language and inspiration.  One moment you can be laying peacefully in bed and the next you are wanting to run wildly through the streets smiling and hugging everyone you meet.   Especially when its a song that seems to express your spirit of joy and way of being.  Unfortunately today I will have to leave my bongos at home, but even so I can choose to carry this song within my very heart and soul where it will have no choice but to spill out to everyone I meet.  Time to get up and put on my running moccasins because I know,
"Its gonna be a bright ~ bright sunshiny day"
look out world here I come :)
May You Walk In Beauty and Song
~Raven