Monday, October 4, 2010

Season of the Falling Leaf Moon

     It's the season of the Falling Leaf Moon, a time to move past hot summer days of adventure, into the chilly autumn moments of preparation and reflection.  For those of you who were lucky enough to see the Harvest Moon in September it was an awe inspiring sight. Beauty like this can't help but awaken us to the Creator's Love for all beings and our Sacred Connection to everything that Is.  Though I would like to be inspired every day, there are often times when I get so caught up in the complexities and concerns of survival that I forget to look up and around, to see the visions of brilliance and grace that surround us.  Thankfully not every reminder has to be as big and glorious as the Harvest Moon to startle
me back into awareness.  Happily, even the simplest movement of a butterfly dancing in the sunlight will usually return me to a state of reverence and gratitude.
     Many long moons ago when I first began my journey of self-discovery, I would often set out on unplanned road trips, no particular destination in mind, navigated by impulse, intuition and my inability to read maps.  Several of these inspirational trips ended up with me roaming thru the Redwoods of Northern California.  These experiences more than any others, were life changing in helping me to fulfill my longing for serenity and my ongoing quest for Beauty and Truth.   Never before had I heard so clearly and loudly the songs of nature as I did walking through those ancient forests.  The majestic ringing of their voices filled my soul, a presence and holiness so deep, surpassing my knowledge of everything I thought I had ever known.  This memory forever stored in the recesses of my heart, along with visions of the daily ~ minute by minute ~ divine occurrences that we so often take for granted, are all I need to remind me of who I really am, and why I am even here in the first place.  These voices of primal magnificence continue to echo within, firmly etched upon my spirit.   For I am a child and sister to the Harvest Moon, a daughter and soul companion to the Ancient Trees, a friend and fellow traveler to the  Dancing Butterflies....connected to all without ever having to try, a glorious gift, free without boundaries,  Unconditionally Valued and Loved for all of Eternity.  I know this to be true because I heard it from the Trees themselves.